Closing Date: 23rd September 2020
Software Engineer / Software Developer – Permanent (short-term contract considered)
Salary: To £50,000 (according to skill level)
NSC specialises in the development of a wide variety of interesting, bespoke software solutions across a wide range of technology including Artificial Intelligence, AR and VR technologies and mathematical modelling, to support current MOD requirements as well as undertaking research for the next generation of simulation systems to support UK force development. Activities include software development, support to training, technology research and experimentation into how the Military can best use simulation/synthetic environments.
NSC is looking for additional Software Engineers/Developers to meet the demands of numerous projects that requires software development support. We will to consider mid-level developers. You will join a project team developing high quality bespoke software and applications to meet customer needs. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will enjoy the variety and challenges that working on multiple projects brings.
Day to day activities include, but are not limited to:
- The design and development of efficient and effective code
- Design and implement tests, using automated integration and testing tools
- Participate in project agile reviews
- Working with your colleagues on problem resolution
- Programming skills in C# or C++
- Problem solving nature
- Strong organisational and communications skills
- Ideally a degree in a numerate subject but experience in lieu will be considered
As an accredited Investors in People (IIP) company, NSC recognises that staff development is fundamental to the future success of the company. We encourage technical teams to maintain currency in emerging technologies, providing relevant training and accreditation as needed.
We nurture a collaborative working environment where staff can see their ideas being put into practice and making a real difference to our customers. Our Innovation Programme encourages staff to develop their own projects and ideas in company time.
NSC staff enjoy comprehensive benefits including;
- Challenging and varied projects
- 26 days’ annual leave, rising to 30 days after qualifying period
- Healthy work/life balance (flexitime/remote working)
- Company funded personal project development scheme
- Funded training, including a structured programme for graduates where applicable
- 6% Contributory pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Secure cycle storage and shower facilities
- Refurbished, riverside office location
- Social events
Due to the nature of the work this role requires the successful candidate to undergo security clearance. You should therefore be eligible to be security cleared in line with UK Government requirements.
This role is based at our offices in Camberley/Blackwater in Surrey with excellent access via motorway and rail service. Due to current Government Covid guidelines, start dates maybe deferred or remote working organised for the successful candidate(s).