Closing Date: 23rd September 2020
Post: Sales Manager – Training & Simulation
Salary: To £75000, attractive OTE
Location: NSC Offices, Camberley with UK travel
NSC is a world‑class provider of cutting‑edge training, simulation and consultancy services. Since its formation in 1991, the company has been at the forefront of developing and delivering innovative solutions for military and civilian customers around the globe. Adept at educating personnel individually and collectively, the company provides training, simulation and consultancy services tailored to NSC clients’ requirements. We pride ourselves on delivering fast and flexible services and the ability to address future challenges in a timely manner, ensuring our clients are suitably equipped to exploit emerging technical innovations.
The Sales Manager will own the delivery of a proportion of the orders target ascribed by NSC and be responsible for leveraging existing capabilities and growth opportunities through strong customer relationships, understanding the customer/market needs (Customer & Stakeholder engagement), helping to develop the business strategy and closing orders, working closely with the current Management, Business Development and Technical NSC teams.
The post holder will be responsible for an assigned portfolio of sales opportunities and work with the teams to draw linkages to the wider business, generating additional value for NSC and its customers.
The areas of focus for the business are around:
- Developing our Simulation Research position with adjacent customers including FLCs, DE&S and OGDs.
- Maritime simulation and cyber exercising solutions based on initial market successes
- Developing Experimentation value proposition to exploit with existing and aligned customers across all domains
Previous demonstrable sales & business development experience in one or more of these areas is perquisite for this challenging role, with recent experience in the Training & Simulation space a distinct advantage.
- Leadership and progression of a personal portfolio of opportunities
- To manage internal and external stakeholders including, where appropriate, supporting the development and ongoing management of key Customer Accounts and B2B relationships
- Identify, develop and close new business sales against personal orders target
- Works collaboratively with wider sales teams to support cross sales team initiatives including where appropriate support to the Global Campaigns and Domain Strategies
- Ensures that their own performance positively impacts the performance of the wider sales and delivery teams, including close collaboration and mutual support to the existing NSC team to maximise the sales potential through change orders and existing contract uplifts
- To demonstrate high value selling in all opportunities and activities
- Development and delivery of the sales pipeline growth
- To influence decisions through sound advice and judgement
- Ensure compliance and adherence to legal and NSC processes, with auditable visibility
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous demonstrable experience in a one or more of the focus areas
- Excellent understanding of and ability to apply sales concepts, tools and principles
- A leading advocate and practitioner of winning business, liaising with customers, structuring propositions and overseeing the creation of compelling proposals and bids
- Thorough understanding of sales competencies and tools, best practice and current thinking regarding effective and commercially sound sales strategies
- Ability to effectively negotiate both internally and externally
- Detailed knowledge of capabilities, skills and products offered at Business Unit level as well as a good understanding of company-wide capability
- Skilled at managing relationships and conflicting priorities
- Strong coaching, facilitation and consultancy skills with a proven track record of being able to influence at all levels
Excellent knowledge of the defence & national security industry – knowledge of capabilities, skills and products applicable to the Training & Simulation market is highly desirable