Closing Date: 22nd November 2020
NSC is supporting the UK Government’s research of next-generation Simulation and Synthetic Environments (SSE) for the British military. The work will cover the development of synthetic environments, modelling and simulation capabilities, and associated tools and assessment processes to allow UK Defence to train, exercise and prepare for future operations. It will also seek to test, evaluate and assess the performance of military capabilities and the C4ISR enterprise, as well as enhance and sustain UK Defence’s use of synthetic and simulation environments across all Defence applications.
Over the next 5 years NSC will lead this cutting-edge work and be at the forefront of delivering and managing exciting innovations, specifically the exploitation of ‘Synthetic Environments and Simulation Technology’ to incorporate emerging systems and processes to enhance future training capabilities.
We require a Project Manager to lead a portfolio of research tasks, working alongside technical experts from NSC and other industry partners. You will be responsible for guiding the success of these innovations and working with diverse cross-functional teams responsible for delivering from concept to customer acceptance.
The successful candidate will have;
- A track record of effective delivery in a defence environment
- Strong project management and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to liaise with military customers in their own language
- Experience in building and managing multi-disciplinary teams with a broad range of industry partners (established primes and OEMs, SMEs, academia)
- Experience in the application of simulation technology to Military training.
Because of the nature of the work successful candidates must be able to obtain UK security clearance and have resided in the UK for the last five years.
*During the current Government guidelines, remote working for all staff members is in operation.