Closing Date: 8th December 2020
Newman & Spurr Consultancy Ltd (NSC) is a world class provider of simulation and analysis driven Decision Support and Training Solutions, with specialist skills in Analysis & Acquisition Support, Virtual and Constructive Simulation, Mathematical Modelling and Training Delivery.
NSC’s on-going success in the defence and security market means that we are recruiting a Junior Operational Analyst to join the team on a permanent basis. Part of your role will see you tasked by clients in the military, security and cyber domains with the collection, management and analysis of data and information which you will utilise to prepare and deliver insightful studies and reports. With previous defence, government or cyber experience you will have an understanding of these domains, and the threats they face in an uncertain world.
Our staff are universally of the highest calibre and this exceptional intellectual capability translates into excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to take a task, understand it, and design a solution that, when implemented, delivers. As a recognised Investor in People (IiP) practitioner, NSC provides training to ensure that both the technical and personal development needs of our staff are met.
Successful candidates will work in small project teams, both in our own offices and on customer sites in the UK and overseas delivering specialised analysis support to a range of clients.
Successful applicants will be team players and be able to work on a diverse range of projects, usually under their own initiative.
To be successful in this role candidates will ideally have:
- Consultancy or analytical experience in the defence or cyber domain.
- Experience in the set-up and use of a variety of defence domain focused simulations and wargames.
- A broad knowledge of OA methods and techniques encompassing both quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- An interest in technology, gaming and modelling.
- Excellent customer facing, problem solving, time management and communication skills.
- A willingness to travel throughout the UK and occasionally overseas.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE WORK, IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT CANDIDATES ARE ABLE TO BE SECURITY CLEARED. Any offer of employment is subject to the company successfully obtaining the required level of security clearance.