Closing Date: 22nd December 2020
Role: Wargaming Team Lead
NSC specialises in training, simulation and consultancy services in the defence domain. We combine ex-military expertise with strong simulation and analysis teams to provide innovative solutions tailored to the needs of each customer and deliver beyond expectation.
We are currently seeking an experienced analyst to support our OA & Wargaming team in the Training & Consultancy area of the business.
Successful candidates will work in small project teams, both in our own offices and on customer sites in the UK and overseas delivering specialised analysis support to a range of clients. Building on your current experience you will be able to support the design of study or wargame activities. Successful applicants will be team players and be able to work on a diverse range of projects, usually under their own initiative. Working in a fast-paced environment, your role will be varied and challenging.
- Experienced in one or more areas of Military Operational Analysis and/or Wargaming
- A broad knowledge of OA methods and techniques encompassing both quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- Experience in the set-up and use of a variety of defence domain focused computer models and wargames.
- Excellent customer facing, problem solving, time management and communication skills.
- Self-starter, with the drive and motivation to succeed
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- An interest in technology, gaming and modelling.
NSC staff enjoy comprehensive benefits including;
- Challenging and varied projects
- 26 days’ annual leave, rising to 30 days after qualifying period
- Healthy work/life balance (flexitime/remote working)
- Company funded personal project development scheme
- Funded training, including a structured programme for graduates where applicable
- 6% Contributory pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Secure cycle storage and shower facilities
- Refurbished, riverside office location
- Social events
Due to the nature of the work this role requires the successful candidate to undergo security clearance. You should therefore be eligible to be security cleared and have resided in the UK for the last five years.