Closing Date: 22nd December 2020
Salary: Circa £65000
NSC specialises in the Defence and Security sectors providing a range of services to the MOD and other Government Departments. Primary expertise include the design and delivery of simulated training systems, scenario development for officer training and support to the Unit Based Virtual Training (UBVT) programme. Our research teams work closely with Government agencies to advise on the employment of emerging AR and VR technologies to compliment current training needs.
One of NSC Training & Consultancy Group’s current projects involves cyber security. The Lead Consultant (Cyber) role will be actively involved in delivering a range of consultancy services. This will include the design and delivery of cyber exercises to government departments and Critical National Infrastructure to support the UK Government’s cyber security strategy and the delivery of cyber vulnerability assessments. The role will require the coordination of diverse teams and engagement across a range of senior stakeholders and B2B relationships and provision of cyber expertise both across our customer base and internally.
- Responsibility for the maintenance and development of relationships with key customers across the cyber domain and advising on cyber within the business.
- Developing the cyber exercise offering at all levels and delivering cyber exercises to fulfil customer requirements;
- Managing diverse teams and advising and supporting the development of technical competency;
- Maintaining effective communication channels with the customer, the company and the consultancy and all other interested parties;
- Carrying out and supervising work tasks within their area of expertise;
- Monitoring and reviewing the work of the consultants and other team members as appropriate;
- Reporting to various Stakeholders at regular intervals on progress or, as necessary, applying for further instructions or approval to proceed;
- Escalating any risks or issues to the relevant parties as appropriate;
Skills and Qualifications Required
You will have proven experience of working within Cyber in a security, risk, protection or auditor role. Industry experience should include at least one of the following; Defence, Central or Regional Government, Government Agencies or Law Enforcement.
You will also have qualifications to include one or more of the following;
- Master’s degree in cyber security
- PhD that is relevant to the risk discipline and can be applied to cyber security
Because of the nature of the work, successful candidates will be required to obtain security clearance and have been resident in the UK for the past five years. Preference will be given to candidates holding in-date clearances.